Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 19:55:58 +0930
From:      "Marc Dodsworth" <marcd@tpg.com.au>
To:        "Sheldon Hearn" <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail Question

>On Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:34:05 +0930, "Marc Dodsworth" wrote:
>
>> Any mail coming out from the system now shows as being from
>> username@xx.com.au when it should come from username@yy.com.au.
>> Sendmail.cf has been changed appropiate as has all other relevant
>> system entries.  The maillog records mail as coming from yy.com.au so
>> I'm a bit stumped.
>
>The following command will tell you what your host thinks it's
>masquerading as:
>
> grep ^DM /etc/sendmail.cf
>
>If the command returns with no output, then you're not masquerading at
>all. :-)

There is a masquerade in there (see below) and that was setup by some-one
with a bit more sendmail knowledge than me :-) (the person also did the
virtual doman setup as well).

# who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
DMyy.com.au    <-- current domain name
DMxx.com.au     <-- old domain name

From what I've read in the O'Reilly Sendmail book, the masquerade doesn't
have any affect on the headers.  Doesn't all the identification details etc
come from the header if so is there anywhere the headers settings could be
out?

In repsonse to the question about the mailer , it's complex, basically the
mail goes out from Outlook 2000 through MS Exchange Server 5.5 (and if
anyone knows how to get Outlook to send using SMTP WITHOUT going through
Exchange please let me know).  I've checked all the Outlook and Exchange
Settings and they seem to be okay.  I have been able to confirm this by
using the user's account on the Firewall (with Elm).

Thankx.

Marc