Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2001 23:28:26 -0400
From:      "Matt Winslow" <reyn@commonroads.org>
To:        "freebsd" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Crontab issues

OK, I've reached my limit with being patient and trying to do it myself.  I
am trying to get a .pl script to run every 10 minutes.  the script is
executable, and if I type /usr/home/matt/dtdns.pl it will run just fine, and
end (which it's supposed to do.)  I made a crontab for my username (matt) as
follows

*/10 * * * * /usr/bin/perl /usr/home/matt/dtdns.pl

cron does see the item and run it (or so it thinks), but when I do a "ps ax"
it shows it has been running for a while, and there are a few instances of
it.

All the PERL script does is update my IP with a Dynamic DNS host...is there
something I'm missing?

The proccesses that run are (for each 10 minutes):

548	Is	/bin/sh -c /usr/bin/perl /usr/home/matt/dtdns.pl
550	R	/usr/bin/perl /usr/home/matt/dtdns.pl

Any help would be great!  I've been racking my mind and every site I could
think of.

Matt Winslow
http://matt.mortalcity.com