Date:      Sun, 30 Sep 2001 21:13:33 +0200
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        murray@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org, brian@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/26489: incomplete info in the ppp faq about "PPP freezing when using PPPoE on the gateway"

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

Hi,
On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 04:43:22PM -0700, murray@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Synopsis: incomplete info in the ppp faq about "PPP freezing when using P=
PPoE on the gateway"
>=20
> Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-doc->brian
> Responsible-Changed-By: murray
> Responsible-Changed-When: Sun Sep 2 16:43:06 PDT 2001
> Responsible-Changed-Why:=20
> Brian is our PPP guru.

just two quick notes about the change in the FAQ:

a) The link to http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q120/6/42.a=
sp
   that was inserted points to the Knowledge Base article 120642 that was
   already mentioned.  So the markup should be changed to somethink like:

<para>Refer to the <ulink
  URL=3D"http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb">Microsoft Knowledge
  Base</ulink> documents <ulink
  url=3D"http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q158/4/74.asp">Q1=
58474
  - Windows TCPIP Registry Entries</ulink> and <ulink
  url=3D"http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q120/6/42.asp">Q1=
20642
  - TCPIP & NBT Configuration Parameters for Windows NT</ulink> and
  for more information on changing Windows MTU to work with a NAT
  router.</para>

or even

<para>Refer to the Microsoft Knowledge Base documents <ulink
  url=3D"http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q158/4/74.asp">Wi=
  url=3D"http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q120/6/42.asp">TC=
PIP
  & NBT Configuration Parameters for Windows NT</ulink> and for more
  information on changing Windows MTU to work with a NAT
  router.</para>

b) there seems to be no article Q120 in Microsoft Knowledge Base, the URL
   that was added points to article Q129642, and the URL is correct.  In
   other words, we should replace all references to Q120 with references
   to Q120246.

Unless there is protest, I intend to change this section of the FAQ to the
second variant in a couple of days.

/s/Udo
--=20
"The Customer is always right, the Customers shall pay for their arrogance"
-- Catbert

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh--