Date:      Sun, 09 Jun 1996 11:04:02 +0000
From:      Randy DuCharme <randyd@nconnect.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   C / C++ Programming in FreeBSD

Greetings all,
     I've been using this (remarkable) OS for a little better than 3
weeks now, and am really getting excited about it.  I've had NO prior
UNIX experience and would also like to extend my sincere thanks and
appreciation to all who've helped me get started.
     I'm accustomed to the DOS / WINDOWS / WINDOWS NT platforms and have
used NT as my personal OS since the release of 3.1.  I'm interested in
trying to port some of the apps I've created to freeBSD.  Since day 1 of
my programming I've used integrated development environments such as,
Borland's IDE and Microsoft's Visual C++.  I'm wondering if there's
anything similar to these for BSD?  What are the preferred methods
(environments) of veteran UNIX programmers?
     Again, thanks to all.  This is truly a superb OS!

Randy