Date:      Fri, 29 Jun 2001 22:23:33 -0500
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        "D. Michael McFarland" <dmmcf@uiuc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Advice sought on Dell C600

Since you are not very concerned about budget.  I suggest the IBM X21/T21/T22
for what you want.

Really, the Dell one is nice, but very bulky.  I assume that you go to
conventions often, and this one is way too bulky to carry for a long time.

Your best bet is probably the T22 or T21 with a good sized display
and high speed processor for matlab.  (Trust me, I do the same things as
you do.)  Another good suggestion is the Sony R505 series.

The IBM notebooks beat any of the machines mentioned in this email
on battery life. (They beat Dell/Toshiba/Sony by hours.)

Everything on the IBM laptops work well too.

Lastly, I must ask that you try searching the archives next time.
This question has been answered many times, and the consensus is always
the same.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 11:48:22AM -0500, D. Michael McFarland scribbled: