Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 1996 01:49:20 -0500
From:      David Anderson <partek@iquest.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing on >1024 cyl IDE drives

I'm trying to install FreeBSD on a P90 with 2 1.5GB Western Digital
drives. I keep getting errors to the effect of that it's not able to
write to the HD or something. I have the drive geometry set the same as
it is in the BIOS, and have LBA shut off. I had FreeBSD installed on the
system perfectly with LBA on, but once the install was done and it went
to reboot, the drives refused to initialize during the BIOS check.. Shut
LBA off and they're working again, but I'm running into this problem
now.. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,
Dave

--