Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2001 14:34:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chuck Rouillard <chuckr@opus.sandiegoca.ncr.com>
To:        John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>
Cc:        Robert Tucker <rqtucker@home.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Getting the floppy images

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, John Reynolds~ wrote:

> [ moving to -questions which is more appropriate to non-doc related questions ]
> [ On Friday, June 1, Robert Tucker wrote: ]
> >
> > I am trying to do this from scratch and it is already turning hard!
> > First I got my floppies ready (4 of them) and then clicked on the
> > boot.flp, but instead of going into ftp mode it tried to display the
>
> you don't need for floppies for one thing. See the handbook:
>
>  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO_8859-1/books/handbook/install-guide.html#INSTALL-FLOPPIES
>
> you want kern.flp and mfsroot.flp. boot.flp is not what you want. The chapter
> shows how to write the files as well.
>
> > Where have I gone wrong? Could the HTML be the problem?
>
> nope.
[snip]

Some browsers (Netscape comes to mind) won't recognize that
you want to download by left-clicking. Right-click on the file
and use "Save Link As.." instead. [Shift]+Left-click usually
works as well.

.cr

PS: Assuming you grab your floppies from some ./floppies
directory, read the ./floppies/README.TXT file too. It has
some good stuff in there for new folks.