Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:29:48 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Kurt Werle" <kwerle@pobox.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libxslt build error

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:17:39 -0800, Kurt Werle <kwerle@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2004, at 12:16 PM, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:40:13 -0800, Kurt Werle <kwerle@pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>>> libxslt failed to build with the following error (from /usr/ports...
>>> on FreeBSD 4.7):
>>> checking for libxml libraries >= 2.6.15... configure: error: Version
>>> 2.5.8 found. You need at least libxml2 2.6.15 for this version of
>>> libxslt
>>>
>>> Looks like one of the makefile depends needs fixing.
>>
>> No, your machine needs to be fixing. Learn to use portupgrade for
>> update all of your apps first, before you can touch port what you are
>> trying to install. We have libxml2 2.6.16 in ports tree.
>
> I did a cvsup (all of ports) right before building.

CVSup only merely update your ports tree and don't update your apps what
you already have them installed. The portupgrade will update your apps for
you by automatic, you can install portupgrade from sysutils/portupgrade.

You have libxml2 2.5.8, so it's very old like over a year ago or more. You
will have to check in /usr/ports/UPDATING, read manpage of portupgrade and
google for portupgrade to find few good articles about it. Update your
apps that are over a year old won't be fun, I would rebuild/reinstall all
apps.

Cheers,
Mezz

--