Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2001 10:29:21 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Terri Sinclair <tksinclair@earthlink.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Question about your book.

Your paragraphs are all single lines, and up to 343 characters wide.

On Saturday, 17 February 2001 at 11:50:16 -0800, Terri Sinclair wrote:
> Please forgive the interruption. I recently purchased the FreeBSD
> Power Pac and it came with your book. It's an excellent book but I
> find the installation menus vary slightly from what the book says to
> expect. Nevertheless, I got BSD up and running, but I am facing one
> vexing problem that perhaps you can help with:
>
> Every window manager I try displays the fonts as garbled lines. All
> my monitor settings and video card settings are correct and when I
> open an editor in KDE, (or Gnome or WindowMaker) the font it uses to
> display what I write displays correctly. It's only the fonts used in
> the menus and the window bars that are garbled. Every wm is like
> this.
>
> I've been around Linux and Unix for over a year now, so I think I
> have a fair understanding of setting up XFree86 with the equipment I
> have.. but I'm out of ideas...
>
> Hope you can help..

Not really.  That's why, on page 15, I recommend asking
FreeBSD-questions.  I've copied them; maybe somebody else has seen it
before.  My best bet is that you didn't install all the correct fonts.

Greg
--
When replying to this message, please take care not to mutilate the
original text.