Date:      Thu, 03 Jan 2002 12:45:05 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Please integrate OpenSSH 3.x

As per the recent discussion in freebsd-security, please integrate the
latest release of OpenSSH prior to shipment of 4.5-RELEASE. Many subtle
improvements have been made that prevent malfunctions which I'm seeing
with older releases.

So far, I've been doing upgrades by hand on every copy of 4.4-RELEASE and
4.4-STABLE I install... and I do mean "by hand," since installing the
port or package posted online puts OpenSSH in different place than the
default install. Upgrading is unnecessarily painful and time-consuming.
Since OpenSSH 3.x is now time-tested, FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE should include it.

--Brett