Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:04:16 +0900
From:      Hye-Shik Chang <perky@fallin.lv>
To:        Lawrence Ho <lawrenceho@fastmail.fm>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/40529: mod_deflate still experimental in apache2

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 05:10:06PM -0700, Lawrence Ho wrote:

>  Okay, I found "deflate" carries Extension status, not Base, so it was not
>  installed by default. But the fact that it is not Experimental anymore
>  remains unchanged, would it be better to modify the Makefile to accurately
>  reflect the status of this module?
>
>  Also, I'm confused by other apache2 settings. "dav" and "ssl" also carry
>  Extension status and get installed anyway when installing the port. Not a
>  big deal as there is a nice WITHOUT_SSL option in the port's Makefile. But
>  what about "dav"? I cannot find WITHOUT_DAV or something like that.

"dav" modules is default. apache's configure selects it without
any specific option. (actually, I don't know why they made like this)

I'm sorry, I missed that port have more default modules than
apache's "all" modules. I'll move "deflate" to default extension modules.
Excuse me for my misjudgement.

Thanks for reporting.

--
Hye-Shik Chang <perky@fallin.lv>