Date:      Sun, 21 May 2000 22:40:10 -0500
From:      Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>
To:        Harry Woodward-Clarke <Harry.Woodward-Clarke@S1.com>
Cc:        "Mark A. Hummel" <mhumm@ispchannel.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Are Multiple XWindows Possible?

In message <39287D34.EEBAF272@S1.com>, Harry Woodward-Clarke wrote:
} G'day Mark,
}
} >
} > I am currently using KDE.  Is it possible to install and use
} > another
} > Xwindow like XFCE3 (www.xfce.org) in addition to KDE?  If so,
}
} Under normal circumstances, most would be inclined to say 'no' - unless
} you have a second physical display / monitor to actually throw the
} output to.

Balderdash :)  There's no reason you can't run multiple X servers on one
set of hardware; I do it all the time.  You just run them on different
virtual consoles and use control-alt-f<n> to switch to whichever one
you want to access.

--
   Jon Hamilton
   hamilton@pobox.com