Date:      Sun, 16 Aug 1998 21:09:52 -0300
From:      Joao Paulo Campello <john@neoplanos.com.br>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   hosts.deny/allow & ICMP Attacks

Hi all,

	Does anybody here know if there's any way to break hosts.deny/allow
protection in BSD or even Linux Systems?

	Is there any filter/firewall/thing I can do for blocking ICMP Attacks?
Like ICMP Type 8 (PING) or ICMP Type 3 (UNREACH) ?!?! Ooho, sorry... I know
I can use *ifpw* to filter these packets and not to respond the PING, for
example... But in this way my incoming link would be fully filled anyway...
	So how can I filter in the router level, and be sure the PINGs will not
fill my incoming link?

Thnx for help,

        Joćo Paulo Caldas Campello
Diretor Tecnico - Neo Planos Solution Provider
	http://www.neoplanos.com.br/
IRCAdmin NetLink - Recife/PE (ICQ # ASK-ME :))