Date:      Wed, 21 May 1997 19:10:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: kern/3629: /sys/scsi/pt.c doesn't initialize buf_queue

The following reply was made to PR kern/3629; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To: joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, j@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 11:05:31 +0900

 j> As Hidetoshi Shimokawa wrote:
 j>
 j> > 	pt.c is using pt->buf_queue without initialization.
 j>
 j> I gonna apply your fix, thanks.

 Thanks.

 j> > #if NPT > 0
 j> > 	{
 j> > 		T_PROCESSOR, T_PROCESSOR, T_FIXED, "EPSON SC", "*", "*",
 j> > 		"pt", SC_ONE_LU
 j> > 	},
 j> > #endif /* NPT */
 j>
 j> I think processor target devices are not supposed to be auto-detected.
 j> When thinking about the integration of your change, i started to
 j> wonder why my ScanJet at work is doing the job...  and came to the
 j> conclusion that it's something like
 j>
 j> 	device pt0 at scbus?
 j>
 j> (Or do you have the problem that it's falsely discovered on multiple
 j> LUNs?  This would be a different thing, and a reason to add it..)

 Oops, I'm sorry. It is unnecessary.
 So could you remove it and add the following inside #if NWORM > 1 -- #endif,
 instead?

         {
                 T_READONLY, T_WORM, T_REMOV, "RICOH", "MP62*", "*",
                 "worm", SC_ONE_LU
         },

 RICOH MP6200S is a CD-RW (Rewritable) drive.
 Without above entry, it is recognized as CD-ROM drive.

 Of course, the drive cannot be used by current worm driver.
 But I wrote a preliminary driver for it. I will send you it later.

 I'm sorry again.

 /\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
 \/  simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
 PGP public key: finger -l simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp