Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2014 18:28:18 -0400
From:      "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@tysdomain.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   make.conf: optimization and security

hello all:
I had a few questions.
It looks like I goofed and went with freebsd 10. I was doing a reinstall
and planning on recompiling what I'd already installed for my server. I
was reading about linux distros that have the packages compiled with
stack protection and etc enabled. I think GCC does this by defaults, but
what do people's CFLAGS look like in make.conf generally?
Also, I was told to leave a -O2/etc out. Is it usual to include -s to
strip (since I don't need debugging)?

Finally, I would like to recompile my kernel. Which svn repo should I
use for 9.2?
Thanks,

--
Take care,