Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2001 07:42:59 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@brizzie.org>
To:        "BSD Guy" <bsdguy@bugs.elitsat.net>
Cc:        "Mike Tancsa" <mike@sentex.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PoPToP (ppntpd)

> It'll be really nice if you can give me a HOWTO about setting up
PoPToP.
> I really need this to run a vpn and I'll be glad if you can help me.
> thanks.

Thats on the list of things to do but can't guarantee exactly when due
to present workload ...
I'd give that particular project higher priority if I could figure how
to get a unix VPN client to function properly, all the ones I've tried
are of pre-alpha quality or documentation is so sparse that its
virtually impossible to comprehend. The only client I'm aware of that
works properly without requiring the user to have the same level of
knowledge as Jordan Hubbard is W2K. The experts frown on the PoPToP
VPN server ... its even marked "forbidden" in the makefile, however
its the only VPN server I found even remotely straightforward to
configure.