Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2001 19:22:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Russell Francis <frussell@p1.cs.ohiou.edu>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
Cc:        Marco Masotti <masotti@mclink.it>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xcpustate and SMP

> Marco Masotti wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I' running xcpustate on a bi-processor machine, but I'm not able to see
> > the two bars that would be involved in a SMP config.
> >
> > When running locally on supported multiprocessors
> > (SolbourneOS/MPsystems, Ultrix multiprocessors,  Linux/SMP, and the
> > Gould NP1), there will be one bar for each CPU.
> >
> > My hardware is an Abit BP6 with 2xCeleron@550, FreeBSD 4._REL, xcpustate
> > is version 2.5, patchlevel 1.13
> >
> > BTW, Is FreeBSD a *not supported* multiprocessor?
>
> It is unless you turn on multi-processor support in the kernel.
>
> Kent

I am also running a dual system and even with SMP compiled into the
kernel, the issue with monitoring software (xcpustate, xosview) only
showing one CPU still exists.  SMP is supported though because when
one processor is maxed out it will show 50% when both processors are
maxed it will show 100%.  SMP works but the software to admire it isn't
quite there.
	-Russ