Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 2002 11:38:56 +0800
From:      "Lawrence Ho" <lawrenceho@fastmail.fm>
To:        "Hye-Shik Chang" <perky@fallin.lv>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ports/40529: mod_deflate still experimental in apache2

> "dav" modules is default. apache's configure selects it without
> any specific option. (actually, I don't know why they made like this)

"dav" was not selected when I run ./configure on my /tmp/httpd..., dunno how
the module got in when building the port though!

> I'm sorry, I missed that port have more default modules than
> apache's "all" modules. I'll move "deflate" to default extension modules.
> Excuse me for my misjudgement.

It's okay, I just wish the port to be more flexible with Extension modules
and more enjoyable to build and use :) I'm not aware of any method to add
more modules (those included in Apache tarball) when building the port,
besides editing the Makefile myself, perhaps there is a better way? Please
enlighten me.

Lawrence Ho