Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 13:43:44 -0500
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: asm_pci.h,v Holy cow!

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Julian Elischer wrote:

> This seems well thought out and I certainly agree that we don't need
> DIFFs of firmware.
> I wonder if we can somehow "cheat time" and get that 13MB file out of
> the source tree and retro-actively tag the new scheme so
> that we don't have to carry it around forever :-)

It looks like a port,
Smells like a port,
and tastes like a port.
It must be a .....

merlot ?

Seriously, perhaps we should consider putting optional pieces of the kernel
(eventually much of it, I hope) into a ports style structure. This structure
can already take care of most of the problems like this one because it has
multiple mechanisms whereas the source tree has only one.