Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 1995 14:12:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      bmk@dtr.com
To:        deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org (Daniel M. Eischen)
Cc:        ejon@ll.mit.edu, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bootmanager problems

> I have this problem also and I do not have _any_ IDE devices - I'm all
> SCSI.

> This use to work in earlier release; I think I recall it working in
> 2.0.5 and previous.  I just noticed it didn't work recently when I added
> a third hard disk.  The booteasy menu on the first disk correctly lists
> my Linux and FreeBSD installations, but does not show F5 for switching
> to the second disk.  Pressing F5 will take me to the second disk, though.
> On the second disk, I can only go back to the first disk; F5 does not
> get listed, nor does it take me to the third disk.

You shouldn't be able to get to the third disk with Booteasy, since (AFAIK)
it's impossible to boot off the third disk.

I don't know about _adding_ a third disk, but I can report that it works
correctly on a system installed with four SCSI disk (with a Buslogic VL
controller).  This is under 2.0.5-RELEASE.