Date:      Sat, 5 Nov 2005 13:11:04 +0100
From:      Yaakov Nemoy <loupgaroublond@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to upgrade?

Hi,

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find any
good help in the documentation, and its only my 5th day using freebsd
so i'm not really sure where to look.

i installed 5.4-RELEASE from a CD and I want to upgrade to 6.0-RELEASE
using binary packages.  my computer is far too slow and doesn't really
have enough hard drive space to compile the entire BSD system, nor do
I have a CD burner to make myself a new CD.  how do I upgrade my
system from binary packages without breaking it in the middle?

once again, i apologize if this has been asked too many times.  even a
vague reference to some 3 year old mailing list post will probably
help me though.

-Yaakov