Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 23:18:27 +0100
From:      eberkut <eberkut@minithins.net>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NIS, rsync, and LDAP Re: sharing /etc/passwd

08/11/01 18:05:20, Alexey Zakirov <frank@agava.com> a écrit:

>On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Jano Lukac wrote:
>
>> new implementations of the openldap 2 have connections via ssl, or you could
>> wrap the old openldap 1 through an stunnel.  But a small warning: I've been
>> working about a month now trying to figgure out how to allow users to change
>> passwords, without luck.  I went as far as setting up an ldap v3 with
>
>something like a custom passwd(1) program would be pretty trivial.

A little late but, there is a recent nice C API called EasyLDAP which could help
in this purpose. It support password management and SSL/TLS. The main developper
is a FreeBSD addict so it works fine :)

just my 0.02 euros

--eberkut
ex diffinientium cognitione diffiniti resultat cognitio
. Prelude : http://prelude.sf.net
. CNS : http://minithins.net