Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 2007 17:43:31 +0530
From:      Anuj Singh <anujhere@gmail.com>
To:        VeeJay <maanjee@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Please Help! How to STOP them...

--=-bE2ymV4HBcPqOrjMXL4S

Hiee,
Greetings,=20
I tried port knocking thing with Linux box,

Port knocking is a technique whereby attempting to connect to port A
enables access to port B from that same host.

Port knocking can be the solution for this. Tried with Linux iptables
only, I wonder if the similar thing can be done on beastie IPF, I am
very new with FreeBSD. But port knocking on Linux I tried and worked
well.

For a basic layout I am giving this link(this is based on Iptables - but
can give a basic layout for implementing the same thing on Beastie).
http://www.soloport.com/iptables.html
=20
Anuj

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 22:43 +0100, VeeJay wrote:
> I am reading many hundred lines similar to below mentioned?
>=20
> Could you please advise me what to do and how can I make my box more secu=
re?
>=20
> Jan  9 17:54:42 localhost sshd[5130]: reverse mapping checking getaddrinf=
> for bbs-83-179.189.218.on-nets.com [218.189.179.83] failed - POSSIBLE
> BREAK-IN ATTEMPT!
> Jan  9 17:54:42 localhost sshd[5130]: Invalid user sysadmin from
> 218.189.179.83
>=20

--=-bE2ymV4HBcPqOrjMXL4S

--=-bE2ymV4HBcPqOrjMXL4S--