Date:      Fri, 13 Nov 1998 17:24:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
To:        andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au (Andrew MacIntyre)
Cc:        AJJiang@via.com.tw, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Questions about the NIC driver under FreeBSD (fwd)

> Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 15:53:41 +0800
> From: AJ Jiang <AJJiang@via.com.tw>
> To: "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Subject: Questions about the NIC driver under FreeBSD
>

>    Dear sir,
>
>          I am a software engineer in VIA ( reference www.via.com.tw for
> more info) in Taiwan.
>
>   I just finish a 10/100M fast ethernet driver for the VT86C100 fast
> ethernet NIC ( also, you
>
>   could reference the same homepage for more info). We are eager to add
> our driver to
>
>   the newly published FreeBSD so that the end-users could install our
> NICs more easily.
>
>   I am wondering if I could send the source code and the NIC to you.
> After your test, the
>
>   driver could be bundled in FreeBSD. If you want to get more details ,
> please mail me and
>
>   I'll do my best. Your help would be appreciated, thanks.
>
>   My e-mail address is: AJ_Jiang@via.com.tw
>
>   Best regards,
>

> A.J.

Hello:

I have written several fast ethernet PCI drivers for FreeBSD recently
and have just started work on a driver for this chip (and the 3043
Rhine I, which I gather is register-compatible with the Rhine II).
I only managed to get a sample NIC today, however I don't think it
will take me too long to finish what I have. That said, if your driver
is ready now, I wouldn't mind using it and saving myself some work.

You can send the source code to wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu or
wpaul@freebsd.org. I'll look it over and get back to you ASAP.

-Bill