Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 19:03:59 -0300 (ART)
From:      Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
To:        piyush shah <piyush268@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Implementation of ARP protocol in kernel (was help)

(please put a more apropiate subject, your chances of geting an answer will
increase).

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, piyush shah wrote:

> sir,
> i have to implement arp protocol for my b.e project
> sir,from the codes of 4.4 bsd-lite which file to compile(arp.c or
> if_ether.c)since in the explaination of arp in book(comer tcp/ip) if_ethe=
> is explained.
> sir could you please guide me in this.

If you want to know the 4.4BSD TCP/IP implementation, read "TCP/IP
Illustrated, Vol 2: The implementation". There you have the 15000+ lines
of code in a very annotated fashion. This is the ultimate guide to the
BSD stack.

Comer describes Xinu's implementation which is not BSD implementation.

=09=09=09=09Fer