Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 23:47:59 +0100
From:      David Dooley <dpd@raffles-it.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NFS mounts from Solaris 8 to FreeBSD 4.3

--==_Exmh_429740340P

Hi,

I am wondering if any one can help me with this one.

At Work I use a FreeBSD 4.3 workstation that mounts is home dir from
a central Solaris box. The problem is I can mount the home dir export
if I use the systems real name and IP address, but if I try and use a
virtual service name and IP address I get permission denied errors.
All the other Solaris boxes can mount the home dirs export using the
virtual name and ip address. I need to be able to mount via the
virtual interface as the machine and home dirs will be entering a
high available clustere soon and the home dirs potentially will be
moving from system to system in the cluster, and I don't want to have
to reconfigure my mounts all the time.

I get the same problems from a MAC OS X box.

Thanks for your time.

David.

--==_Exmh_429740340P

--==_Exmh_429740340P--