Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:28:53 -0000
From:      Vince Hoffman <Vince.Hoffman@uk.circle.com>
To:        "'M. Warner Losh'" <imp@bsdimp.com>, Vince Hoffman <Vince.Hoffman@uk.circle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: installing on an IBM 770x

<snip>

> Xircom cards have ISSUES on 5.0-RELEASE that have been fixed in
> current.  4.x won't help since CardBus isns't supported.
>
> Warner

Warner,
	the Xircom rem56g i have is the 16 bit version and it seems i'm
having more luck with 4.7/4.8.

So far my results are:

4.7 Works fine as far as i can tell. installed fine from FTP using the
Xircom (needed to remove conflicts at the kernel config.)

4.8rc1 also seems happy, installing as i write.

5.0-RELEASE  wouldnt initialise my xircom (known issue apparently)

5.0-CURRENT-20030314-JPS  same as 5.0-RELEASE

Still it looks like i have 4.7/4.8 working now, although I did completely
repartitioned the disk as my attempt to multiboot using lilo failed with a
rather bizare message, may try to multiboot it now I have freebsd running
though.

Thanks for your suggestion and help