Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2013 16:31:38 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Trond_Endrest=F8l?= <Trond.Endrestol@fagskolen.gjovik.no>
To:        Jim Ohlstein <jim@ohlste.in>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 configuration issues

On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 23:05-0500, Jim Ohlstein wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently set up a new box with FreeBSD 10-RC2 amd64. The host  (OVH)
> provided a /64 of IPv6 addresses and gave me the following recommended
> configuration:
>
> # IPv6 configuration
> ipv6_enable="YES"

According to etc/rc.d/netif on stable/10, ipv6_enable is indeed
superceeded by ipv6_activate_all_interfaces. Look at around line 47.
Since you're setting an IPv6 address on igb0 below, you shouldn't need
to use ipv6_activate_all_interfaces.

> ipv6_network_interfaces="igb0"

Do you need to fiddle with ipv6_network_interfaces?

Here's a quote from rc.conf(5) on stable/10:

     ipv6_network_interfaces
                 (str) This is the IPv6 equivalent of network_interfaces.
                 Normally manual configuration of this variable is not needed.

If you do need to fiddle, try adding lo0 at the beginning of the list.
If that doesn't help, then I'm out of ideas. :-/

> ifconfig_igb0_ipv6="inet6 2001:41d0:a:XXXX::1 prefixlen 64"

This line uses the right nomenclature with _ipv6 at the end of the
variable's name, and there's nothing wrong with the syntax as I can
tell.

> ipv6_static_routes="ovhgw"
> ipv6_route_ovhgw="2001:41d0:a:1cff:ff:ff:ff:ff -prefixlen 128 -interface igb0"
> ipv6_defaultrouter="2001:41d0:a:1cff:ff:ff:ff:ff"

Maybe this is the real culprit. As far as I can tell you are inserting
the same route twice.

--
| Vennlig hilsen,               | Best regards,                      |