Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 22:02:19 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Jimmy Hjelm <jihj3157@csd.uu.se>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   libutil.so.3 ??

I have tried to make the libwww-5.3.1 port on a FreeBSD
3.3 i386 system.  The dependencies are fine, but after
patching for FreeBSD it gives me the following:

***************************
bash-2.03# make PKGNAME=libwww-5.3.1
===>  Building for libwww-5.3.1
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libutil.so.3" not
found
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Is there supposed to be a libutil.so.3?  I have not
heard of it, and I can't find any information on the
Internet.  If there is -- how do you install .so's?

Thank you,
Jimmy Hjelm