Date:      Sat, 25 May 2002 12:36:42 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - CITS Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        cyrille.lefevre@laposte.net
Cc:        freebsd standards <freebsd-standards@FreeBSD.ORG>, Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Tim J. Robbins" <tjr@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: POSIX ps

In message <200205251738.g4PHc7Ue022805@gits.gits.dyndns.org>, Cyrille
Lefevre
writes:
> Hi,
>
> I've just discovered the FreeBSD C99 & POSIX Conformance Project.
>
> so, I inform you that I've a conformant `ps' I've done last year,
> but I've not checked yet if everything is really conformant. the
> switch between the BSD and the SUSV2 syntax (in the time I've made
> it) is done by the existance of the SUSV2 environment variable or
> -B / -V switches. also, lists handling is now done using queue(3).
>
> ex.:
>
> # /usr/src/bin/ps.new/ps -?
> usage: ps [-aBCfhjlmrSTuvVwx] [-O|-o fmt] [-p pidlist] [-t ttylist]
>           [-U userlist] [-M core] [-N system] [-W swap]
>        ps [-L]
> # SUSV2=1 /usr/src/bin/ps.new/ps -?
> usage: ps [-AaBdefjl] [-C cmdlist] [-g pgrplist] [-G grouplist] [-o fmt]
>           [-p pidlist] [-t ttylist] [-u userlist] [-U userlist]
>           [-m core] [-n system] [-w swap]

I'd be very much interested in having a look at this (e.g. getting a
copy to play with).  Also, would it be possible to build a port, just
like mergemaster was in ports/ before it went into src/, so we can have
a chance to use it before it is imported into src/?  (If no one minds,
I'd be willing to roll up my sleeves to build a port until such time it
goes into src/.)

--
Cheers,                          Phone:  250-387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  250-387-5766