Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:22:10 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Marius Kirschner" <marius@agoron.com>, "Drew Sanford" <lauasanf@bellsouth.net>, "alexus" <ml@db.nexgen.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Segmentation fault - core dumped

I think the problem is that Apache ungracefully dumps
core if you start it and have an access or error file
defined in the httpd.conf file, pointing to a directory
that doesen't exist.

Now, obviously it's a "doctor my machine keeps crashing when
I point the error file to a directory that doesen't exist"
type of bug, but I still think it's sloppy when it would be
simple to emit an error message instead.

This is why existing Apache machines don't see this and newbies
typically do, because the newbies don't have an existing
web directory structure.