Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2009 18:50:57 +1100
From:      "Richard Samuel" <rsamuel@asri.org.au>
To:        <thierry@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: openfoam-1.4.1_1

Dear Thierry and Ports crew,

I have constructed (some might say cobbled together) a port of Paraview 3.4
and OpenFOAM 1.5.1. They appear to work ok but as I am only just meshing up
my first test case, much remains to be seen. They are also not fully
featured - so far I have only implemented the features I am likely to use in
the near future or that I am able to test, so Paraview has no PYTHON
support, and features Takuya Ashima's native parallel reader but parallel
operation is not enabled, and some other fringe things. Also OpenFOAM is not
so much of a port, as it is a patched version of the latest git sources.
Neither port is very elegant - in the case of Paraview I have probably
broken multiple taboos, but as a first-time porter that should not be any
surprise.

I did this on FreeBSD this because it was application I wanted to use, on an
OS that I know and trust, but before I get to far down the track of
customising it just for me, I thought I better ask whether what I have done
would make a worthwhile contribution to a future release ?

Regards

Richard Samuel