Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 23:27:20 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        Rasmus Kaj <kaj@interbizz.se>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: su problem with freebsd 2.2.7-stable

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Rasmus Kaj wrote:

>A guess: This sounds to me like you have something that creates a new
>shell in the shell startup files in /root (or whereever the account
>you su to lives), and thus run an infinite recurse.

I haven't changed anything in the shell startup files.
That's the weird thing. It's just started yesterday,
for no apparent reason.

I can sudo bash, and that works, but I'd still prefer to
su when I need to :-(
---
Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@iafrica.com ; khetan@os.org.za
http://www.os.org.za/~khetan  * Talk/Finger khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za
UUNET Internet Africa Support * FreeBSD enthusiast-www2.za.freebsd.org
FreeBSD: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware