Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 02:05:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jaime <jaime@malkav.snowmoon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   BasiliskII startup problems

	I noticed the vMac and basiliskII ports just recently.  I figured
that I'd give it a try so that I could use some extra games on my FreeBSD
system.  I picked basiliskII since it allowed for more than 4MB of RAM and
an OS version higher than 7.5.5.

	So I now have basiliskII installed, a ROM file, and a DiskCopy
generated disk image with my G3's MacOS 8.5 system folder in it.  I ran
"BasiliskII" from the shell and a GTK-based preferences system popped
up.  I think that I configured it correctly, but apparently I've missed
something.

	When I click on the "Start" button, the software makes a new
window of the correct size (it seems to match the resolution picked in the
preferences system) but that window is solid black.  It never changes.  It
never even puts a floppy-disk/question-mark icon on the screen.  (This is
typical when a Mac comptuer can't find its OS.)

	Does anyone out there know what I'm missing?  If this is an RTFM
situation, please direct me to the correct "M" to "R".  :)

						Thanks,
						Jaime