Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 1996 08:23:26 PST
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
To:        Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.de>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: win95

> On Fri, 29 Nov 1996, Greg Lehey wrote:
>
> > Snob Art Genre writes:

> > > It's even better than that.  FreeBSD comes with a utility that
> > > repartitions your hard drive without loss of data.
> >
> > This utility will only resize DOS file systems, not Windows 95 file
>
> Sorry, my mistake.  I did not know that.
>
> > systems.  In addition, there are reports of bugs.  If you need to make
> > space on the disk, you'll be *far* better off recreating your Windows
> > 95 partitions from scratch.

I'm somewhat confused....are we talking about fips?

I just bought a toshiba laptop...fips couldn't run on a type E filesystem
(which it was).  I changed it to type 6 (normal dos) and everything is
running fine.

>From Ralf Brown's interrupt list:
 0Bh    Windows 95 with 32-bit FAT
 0Ch    Windows 95 with 32-bit FAT (LBA mode)
 0Eh    reserved by Microsoft for logical-block-addressable VFAT
 0Fh    reserved by Microsoft for logical-block-addressable VFAT

can anyone elaborate on this?

--
marty
leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com