Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:22:42 -0800
From:      "Hervey Wilson" <herveyw@dynamic-cast.com>
To:        <nomad@netrail.net>, "Rick Knebel" <rknebel@uplink.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: udp ports

It's way, way simpler to just modify smb.conf to specify which interface(s)
samba should bind to, plus the bind interfaces only option. Then you don't
need the firewall piece as it's simply not using the external interface.

Here's a snippet from my smb.conf that should help:

[global]
 interfaces = 192.168.1.254/24
 bind interfaces only = Yes

H.