Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 02:09:47 -0500
From:      "Stevan S." <sjsan@bga.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HD running wild

Hey guys,

Well the PC that I am using to test out FreeBSD just came alive...it was
weird.  I was reading the handbook on the web site when the PC's hard-drive
became active after it had been idling for an hour.  It kind of remembered
me of the "fast-find" from Office 97 when it installs its fast-find into
program startup.

So usually when any HD on my computers become active for no reason I look
at the system processes.  It just happened I read about "top" so I did that
and found that a "FIND" was active without me exec it.  It ran 3-4 mins
using 34%CPU.

Anyway, I'm just puzzled on what caused it.  Well it 2AM and I should go to
bed and figure it out later.  :)

Cheers,

Stevan

__