Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:12:01 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Nathan Vidican <nathan@vidican.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: OT: need to buy 802.11 hardware; do the Cisco Aironet devices work w/ FreeBSD?

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 01:59:17PM -0400, Nathan Vidican wrote:
> Does anyone know of a reseller, (pref Canadian), for Teletronics' 802.11
> wavelan products? I have used them before, and know that they work quite
> well with FreeBSD. I can find Lucent wavelan product all over the place; =
but
> the Teletronics cards have a built-in connector for coax-> antenna. They
> will be used for a wireless internet service, any other suggestions
> welcomed. Looking for a card that is well supported under FreeBSD, and of
> course as inexpensive as possible.

The lucent cards also have external antenna connectors.

>     What about the Cisco Aironet cards; are they supported at all?

They work great.  They are definatly better then most of the other cards
on the market.  There may be some issues with the 350's but the 340's
are all good and I've seen reports of the 350's working with no more
then minor patches.

-- Brooks

--=20

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb