Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 23:00:45 -0800
From:      Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        ahze@slaughter.necro.edu
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: chmod, chown don't work on /floppy

Michael Johnson wrote:

> is the disk filesystem msdos?

Good question, here's the results of fdisk fd0a ->

 ******* Working on device /dev/fd0a *******
 parameters extracted from in-core disklabel are:
 cylinders=1 heads=1 sectors/track=1 (1 blks/cyl)

 parameters to be used for BIOS calculations are:
 cylinders=1 heads=1 sectors/track=1 (1 blks/cyl)

 Media sector size is 512
 Warning: BIOS sector numbering starts with sector 1
 Information from DOS bootblock is:
 The data for partition 1 is:
 sysid 1,(Primary DOS with 12 bit FAT)
     start 0, size 2880 (1 Meg), flag 80 (active)
 	beg: cyl 0/ sector 1/ head 0;
 	end: cyl 79/ sector 18/ head 1
 The data for partition 2 is:
 <UNUSED>
 The data for partition 3 is:
 <UNUSED>
 The data for partition 4 is:
 <UNUSED>

I don't know what else to do to find out what the
filesystem type is.
Did I do the right thing or not?

--
Chip