Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2000 21:30:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Yifeng Xu <websoft@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs. Linux

Yes, I have same question, if my FreeBSD machine is
not connected to Internet, how do I upgrade my
machine?
there just hasn't a complete package collection which
both includes system and application programs. unlike
Redhat, I can download a new version package and
install it, no matter it's system util or application.
CTM? no, I don't like it, why every time a bug fixed
program should be upgraded from source code? stupid, I
am a user not a computer expert, source code is
meanless for me.