Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 2014 07:41:06 +0000
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD is really great.. BUT..

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 15:59:25 -0400
Daniel Corbe <corbe@corbe.net> wrote:

> The current status quo is acceptable.  Pre-built binary packages solve
> 80% of my problems and I have to build the other 20% from ports.  But
> that's still 80% less work for me to do.

	That's the way I do it too. Poudriere makes it very easy to
maintain my locally built ports as a pkg collection, far more convenient
than the messing around with portupgrade I used to do, which itself was a
vast improvement on managing it all by hand in the 1.0 days.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>