Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:47:03 +0900
From:      "R. Lahaye" <lahaye@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HELP: printer-cups setup "http://localhost:631" doesn't work ?!?!

Hi,

First of all: I'm very new to FreeBSD!

I have installed cups on my FBSD 4.3 PC from the package cups-1.1.6.2.tgz.

I figured that http://localhost:631/ is *THE* interface for
setting up a printer-connection on my PC. Is that right?.

When I do that, I get the administration page of CUPS. Great!
Clicking on 'Administration' and next on 'Add Printer',
allows me to enter Name/Location/Description of a new printer.

However, when I click on <continue>, I get:

| Request Entity Too Large
|
| The request is too large for this server to process. HTTP/1.0 413 Request Entity
| Too Large Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 03:36:24 GMT Server: CUPS/1.1 Content-Language:
| en Content-Type: text/html Content-Length: 168
|
| Request Entity Too Large
|
| The request is too large for this server to process.

Any idea why this is not working?

This whole concept works just fine on one of my Linux PC's,
(that has cups 1.1.9 installed).

I'm desperately wanting to add some printers to my FreeBSD system,
through the network. Haven't found out yet a way of doing that.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks so much,
Rob.