Date:      Sat,  8 Aug 2009 23:29:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      vogelke+unix@pobox.com (Karl Vogel)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Boot failure

>> On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 15:38:25 +0200, Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl> said:

R> At $WORK the Dell computers (both desktops and servers AFAIK) that we
R> use are ditched at the first problem after the warranty runs out which
R> is after three years, I believe.

   Interesting.  I've used a Dell GX260 for my workstation since 2003,
   and I've had no hardware problems running two versions of FreeBSD,
   one version of OpenBSD and one version of Solaris-10.  Two other 260s
   have been file-servers since 2004.

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company
If caught with pants down, redefine pants.            --pissed-off KDE user