Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 1999 00:50:28 -0400
From:      "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Tom Bartol <bartol@salk.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Subject:   Re: yet more TP 600E fun...

Ok I just tried some other mods... the first was to hard-wire disk0 to
be bios device 0x8b.  no-go.  The second was to patch to 'continue' if it
missed a probe, and to limit the probe to the first 0x10 entries... for
example: 0x00-0x0f and 0x80-0x8f.

How is it that the old boot code works?  What is it doing differently, is
0x8b perhaps not the "real" bios boot device unit?

--
David Cross                               | email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Systems Administrator/Research Programmer | Web: http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~crossd