Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:12:25 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        "Sean O'Neill" <sean@seanoneill.info>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New to FreeBSD and have a ports availability (subversion) question

At 11:25 AM -0600 1/25/02, Sean O'Neill wrote:
>I recently started using FreeBSD 4.4 - so far love it.  On this
>FreeBSD machine, I want to start playing with Subversion but it
>requires libtool 1.4.2.  The ports tree is still at 1.3.4_2.  But I
>noticed in the freebsd-ports mail archive that a patch has been
>submitted and closed
>for 1.4.2.  My cvsup isn't picking anything up for 1.4.2 and CVSWEB is
>still showing 1.3.2.
>
>What am I missing here ?

Subversion is still in the early phases of development, and as such it
was felt (by the subversion developers) that it was a little too early
to have an official port in the freebsd ports tree.

If you follow the subversion-development mailing-list, you'll see that
there is an unofficial freeBSD port available.  Here is a recent message
about it: