Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 23:07:23 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        pst@shockwave.com (Paul Traina)
Cc:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, nathan@netrail.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6

It seems that Paul Traina said:
> I've heard very good thinks about the NRL implementation (over Mr. Dupont's),
> and I believe that Garrett has the current code).  Please, this is all third-
> hand, I intend no criticism towards Mr. Dupont's code,  I'm just relaying
> additional info.

One of the big problems with Francis' code is  that it does not include any
cryptographic material, due to the stupidity of the french laws (we're more
restrictive than the USA and that speaks a lot...).

> I think that someone should do an evaluation  of "which is better" before
> taking the first  one.  (Actually, I  guess the criteria should be, which
> is  the one the  other BSD's are taking.   BSDI appears to  be going with
> NRL, and I'm not sure about NetBSD's).

NRL has been done on pure 4.4BSD I think whereas Francis' code runs on both
NetBSD and FreeBSD 2.1.0.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #1: Tue Feb 20 01:16:51 MET 1996