Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 19:43:21 +0200
From:      Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Flemming Jacobsen <fj@login.dknet.dk>, dburr@pobox.com (Donald Burr), freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, phk@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The future of the bt848 driver? (FW: cvs commit: CVSROOT avail)

> Hi Nate,
>
> You got the essence of my dispute furthermore  I posted to the hacker's mailing
> asking for a policy clarification for scenarios like Soren and I and I got
> 0 response.
>
> 	Amancio

I, for one, didn't see it, perhaps you should try again.

On one hand I can conceive that it is neccessary at times to use the
"I'm a core member argument", on the other hand, this should be a last
resort, if all other methods fail to reach an agreement.

Over the years I have always found it difficult, as a reader of the
mailing lists, to form an opinion about some dispute that would be
going on at one time or another, and the same occurs here.

However, it seems to me that in this case, more respect should have
been shown for a volunteer that tries to maintain and enhance a piece
of the freebsd software distribution. Sounds like ego-clashing to me.

Has this been discussed in the -core mailing list at all?
Have any other core members acted as an intermediate?

Marc.

Marc van Kempen                 BowTie Technology
Email: marc@bowtie.nl            WWW & Databases
tel. +31 40 2 43 20 65
fax. +31 40 2 44 21 86         http://www.bowtie.nl