Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2000 20:14:25 +0000 ()
From:      Louis Epstein <le@main.put.com>
To:        info@cdrom.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.5 CDROM much better idea than 4.0!!!

I am rather disturbed to see that the FreeBSD 3.5 CDROM set I had
been led to believe would be the next thing I would see on my
subscription has been cancelled,and instead I have the "definite
`dot oh' release aimed at developers" of 4.0,which I am not prepared
to use though I would quite probably have found use for a 3.5 CDROM
set.

It looks like bleeding-edge oriented squeaky wheels have gotten too
much grease.I trusted and preferred the announcements that subscriptions
would skip 4.0 and didn't learn that things would not be the way I
wanted until you sent me 4.0.

For that matter,if there are still plans for a version 3.6,
I would be annoyed to see it left out of my CDROM subscription.
I didn't start using 2.2.x until 2.2.5,and I don't expect to
install 4.x until 4.2.

Whatever the feedback suppliers you had before said,
a 3.5 CDROM is something I want...a 4.0 CDROM I expect
will be a spacer on the shelf.