Date:      Sun, 19 Jul 1998 12:15:18 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh@noc.dfn.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2940 Questions (no, not *that* many :-)

hello, world\n

I have to chose between two ASUS boards (P2L97S with an adaptec 2940UW
host adapter on board). One is about 6 months old (revision unknown),
one is relatively new, rev 2.01. So far I have no ultra or wide devices,
just fast scsi 2, a seagte ST31200, IBM DCAS 4,3 and a pioneer 10X Cdrom,
nothing fancy, and it looks like I won't buy any U or UW devices in the
near future.

The old board is way cheaper. Are there any gotchas with P2L97S boards
I should be aware of?

PS: Let me know if I should post such questions to another list.
    Thanks a lot.

Regards,

--
Jens Schweikhardt  http://www.shuttle.de/schweikh/