Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 2010 19:03:35 +0100
From:      Pierre Guinoiseau <geekounet@poildetroll.net>
To:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HDMI audio support with radeon driver

--k4f25fnPtRuIRUb3

Yes this is already what I do. But that's not enough, any audio player play=
s too
fast and without any sound output (but it works fine with others pcm device=
s of
course, including my Intel HDA and SBLive! chipsets). It seems the HDA codec
need some sort of initialisation when the HDMI video output is activated and
used in Xorg, radeonhd does it, radeon does not. This is what is missing and
what was recently implemented in KMS on Linux.

On 29/12/2010 18:40:07, Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de> wrote:

> Pierre Guinoiseau <geekounet@poildetroll.net> wrote:
>  > is there any WIP on enabling audio output throught HDMI with the radeo=
n driver?
>=20
> On my mainboard, I can select the default audio output with
> the hw.snd.default_unit sysctl.  Setting it to 0 selects
> the HDMI output (1 is rear line-out, 2 is front-panel, 3
> is SPDIF, and 4 is something I've forgotten).  See the
> output of ``cat /dev/sndstat''.  On my box it says:
>=20
> FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm: 32bit 2009061500/i386)
> Installed devices:
> pcm0: <HDA ATI RS690/780 HDMI PCM #0 HDMI> (play)
> pcm1: <HDA Realtek ALC892 PCM #0 Analog> (play/rec) default
> pcm2: <HDA Realtek ALC892 PCM #1 Analog> (play/rec)
> pcm3: <HDA Realtek ALC892 PCM #2 Digital> (play)
> pcm4: <HDA Realtek ALC892 PCM #3 Digital> (play)
>=20
> Best regards
>    Oliver
>=20
> --=20
> Oliver Fromme, secnetix GmbH & Co. KG, Marktplatz 29, 85567 Grafing b. M.
> Handelsregister: Registergericht Muenchen, HRA 74606,  Gesch=C3=A4ftsfueh=
rung:
> secnetix Verwaltungsgesellsch. mbH, Handelsregister: Registergericht M=C3=
=BCn-
> chen, HRB 125758,  Gesch=C3=A4ftsf=C3=BChrer: Maik Bachmann, Olaf Erb, Ra=
lf Gebhart
>=20
> FreeBSD-Dienstleistungen, -Produkte und mehr:  http://www.secnetix.de/bsd
>=20
> "Clear perl code is better than unclear awk code; but NOTHING
> comes close to unclear perl code"  (taken from comp.lang.awk FAQ)

--k4f25fnPtRuIRUb3

--k4f25fnPtRuIRUb3--